Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tools I Use

You'll see that I call myself a Mortgage Planner and Mortgage Advisor. These "titles" are not only based on my experience, but my belief that what I do should be done with sincerity, integrity and genuine concern.

In order to make sure that the advice that I give is valued and well-founded, I invest in two tools created by some people a whole lot smarter than me -- Dave Savage and Barry Habib. Their respective products, The Mortgage Coach and The Mortgage Market Guide, allow me to provide some fantastic guidance to my Clients.

The Mortgage Coach is software that allows me to give guidance to my Clients to make sure that I integrate the proper mortgage into their financial plan. I do not see the mortgage process as just "getting a loan" because that would be plain-old irresponsible -- we're talking about a huge debt with huge ramifications if the wrong one is chosen.

The Mortgage Market Guide is a tool that I use daily to watch the bond market -- i.e. mortgage rates. This service provides me with a daily update and recommendation for my Clients to lock in or "float" their rates. It also provides me with an alert on my cell phone and email that tells me if the market is taking a turn for the better or worse. A weekly market guide is also provided to inform my Clients, potential Clients and business partners about what is coming up this week that may affect mortgage rates (see link in the sidebar for this weeks report).

No comments: